With over 2 billion active users worldwide, Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms on the planet.
It’s also beneficial for businesses and brands trying to promote their products and services.
So, can you make money blogging on Facebook? What are the best steps to start?
Yes, you can make money blogging on Facebook. In fact, it’s an excellent platform for monetization.
The key is knowing how to do it right and using the right tools and strategies. There are many ways to make money on your blog, and this article will show you how to do it.
Let’s get started.
Why Should You Even Blog?
The reason why is because blogging takes advantage of several different marketing strategies at once:
- It helps build trust with your audience by allowing them to get to know you better through your writing.
- Blogging gives you more opportunities for content creation, which helps you generate more traffic from search engines like Google.
- In addition, it creates a sense of community among your followers.
Why Blog On Your Facebook Page?
Facebook is one of the most popular social networking sites, with over two billion users. Mark Zuckerberg created it in 2004, and today, it’s a global platform for people to connect and share their lives online.
Therefore, one of the best ways to promote your business on Facebook is by starting a blog. As a result, blogging has become an integral part of many businesses.
If you’re thinking about starting a blog on Facebook, here are some reasons why it can help boost your business:
- It’s easy to set up and use
You don’t need any particular skill or technical knowledge to create a page on Facebook. All you need is a profile picture and cover photo, some posts, and maybe some followers.
- It’s Free
You don’t need to pay any money to start. It’s free to create an account and start posting content on your page; however, if you want to reach more people or gain more followers, you may have to pay for ads.
- You can track your performance.
Facebook provides analytics tools so that you can track engagement rates and optimize posts accordingly. It allows businesses to reach their target audiences effectively by tailoring messages based on what works best for them at any given time.
- You don’t need a domain name or hosting.
You don’t even have to build your website from scratch. You can start blogging on Facebook right now, and it won’t cost you anything.
- Must have a Facebook account.
And if you already have a website, you can link it up with your Facebook page and start posting updates there. In addition, you can access your blog from Facebook, making it easy for friends to follow you and comment on your posts.
- Share links with your blog posts on Facebook
The content will be in the news feed of people who like your page or subscribe to your updates.
Moreover, there’s a chance your post gets indexed on Google due to the high domain authority.
5 Steps to Start A Blog on Your Facebook Page
If you’re considering starting a blog, here are some steps to help you get started:
Step 1: Create a Facebook Page
To start your Facebook page, follow the following steps
- Visit Facebook website
- Sign up for a profile account. But if you have one already, then sign in.
- Locate “create” on your profile and click “page.”
- Input your blog name in the “page name.”
- In the “category,” indicate the type of blog
- Write out a detailed bio about your blog
- Then click “create page.”
- Add an eye-catching cover image to your profile
- Write and publish great content to pull a crowd.
And that’s it.
Step 2: Decide on your niche.
This is an important step. You want to be able to identify with your readers, so choose a niche that really interests you.
If it also interests your audience, you’re on the right track. So, look for relevant topics people want advice about, such as travel tips and fashion trends.
Once you know what content you want to write about, look into keywords related to those topics and see if there are blogs in the same niche already out there.
If so, how can yours stand out from them?
Step 3: Create a Facebook fan page for your blog or business
Creating a fan page will allow you to have an online presence on Facebook that people can follow and interact with.
Moreover, you can also use this page as a repository for your content, sharing articles and other things you publish on your blog.
Step 4: Join groups related to your topic
Try to participate in discussions, post links to your blog posts, and offer advice to others starting their own businesses.
Also, look for opportunities to sponsor events and create sponsored posts shared across Facebook pages and groups.
Then, share these posts on your own page so more people will see them.
Step 5: Be consistent
Remember, it takes time and effort, so don’t expect a fast result. Instead, try to focus on building your audience.
8 Ways To Make Money Blogging on Your Facebook Page
1. Include ads in your videos
Facebook allows you to earn money by publishing video content on your page through in-stream ads.
However, you need to meet some requirements
- Must be 18 years and above
- You need to be in an available country and language
- Have 10,000 page followers
- Must publish video from your page, not the profile
- The page must have at least five active videos viewed 600,000 minutes in the last 60 days
- And meet Partner Monetization Policies
2. Add ads to your articles
Another way to make money blogging on your Facebook is to sell ads directly on your page.
You may also allow Facebook to place the ads automatically within your instant articles.
Direct ads can be video ads, animated ads, and banner ads.
3. Add a Subscription at the center of your story
You can make money by using the support now button on your post. This will allow dedicated fans to support your page by paying a fixed monthly amount to access exclusive content.
In addition, you’ll receive 100% of the payment after taxes and fax if made on the web and 70% on a mobile device.
4. Collaborate with Brands
Another way to monetize your Facebook page is to feature other brands in your content. To be eligible to earn money, you need to
- Follow the Branded Content Policy
- You must be an admin of the Facebook page
- Meet the monetization eligibility requirement for creators
5. Earn Money From Live video
If you have many fans, you can make money by connecting with them during your live video.
They can buy and send you virtual goods, and you receive 1 cent in return for every star.
6. Promote affiliate products
Affiliate marketing is another popular way of making money from blogging on Facebook.
In this case, you’ll promote products you recommend based on your personal use and experience with them.
If someone clicks through your unique link and makes a purchase, you will receive a commission from the sale at no extra cost to them.
This can be an extremely lucrative strategy if done correctly. However, it takes some time before it starts paying off because you need the traffic to make money with affiliate links.
Remember to recommend helpful products that can improve the condition of your audience.
7. Sell your own products
You can create your own products, such as ebooks or videos, and sell them directly through your Facebook page.
It’s another great way to make money from Facebook without spending too much time managing everything behind-the-scenes yourself.
8. Offer freelance services
Do you have a unique talent to show to the world? Then, why not earn money on your page by offering services.
It can be graphic design, web development, or copywriting as a side hustle.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging On Facebook?
- Creating a blog on Facebook is easy, and there’s no charge.
- You can use your existing page as the blog, so there’s no need to create a separate one.
- Allows you to reach millions of audiences if you have a large following.
- You can use Facebook to promote your blog, which can help build an audience.
- Facebook Live allows you to interact with your followers in real-time. In addition, it gives you the chance to respond immediately to questions and comments from your audience.
- You can host exclusive events on Facebook Live and group chats, which makes them an ideal tool for building a community around your brand or topic of interest.
- The main con is that you don’t have much control over how people interact with your content; they might like it, comment on it, share it with their friends, and may not read it.
- You need to abide by Facebook guidelines, or you may have your account blocked.
- Remember, not all Facebook users are active users or spend much time on the platform. So, to reach a large audience, you may need to invest in paid advertising or other promotional methods.
- You are limited to only one platform, “Facebook,” and it can be shut down anytime.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Facebook Ideal For Blogging?
If you want to make money promoting your business, consider starting a Facebook page. It’s inexpensive and easy to use, so it’s a simple way to get started.
Although getting followers may seem complicated, there are numerous steps you can take to ensure your popularity and help raise awareness of your Facebook page
Can you make money from a Facebook page?
Yes. As mentioned earlier, there are many ways to do so: live video, subscription, video ads, collaboration with brands, selling your own products, and marketing affiliate products and services.
The one you choose depends on your interest and that of your audience.
How many views do you need to earn money on Facebook?
You can make money if you have a minimum of 10,000 fans and 15,000 engagements in the past 60 days. In addition, have 180,000 minutes of view across your videos.
How much can I earn for a million views?
The amount you make depends on the Cost per Mile (CPM); however, it varies from $1,000 to $1,500.
Actually, it would help if you considered having a presence on every social media platform. They’re great marketing tools, and they provide a direct line of communication with your fans.
Blogging on Facebook is a great way to get your content in front of more people. You just need to make sure that you are posting valuable and compelling content and, most importantly, trying to make a connection with your audience.
However, remember that it’s essential not just to market yourself and sell products but also to create a community around your page.
Keeping your audience engaged with great content is the name of the game in social media marketing.
As long as you keep posting consistently and engaging with other people on your Facebook page, you’ll be able to create a growing audience.
Establishing a central goal for your business is an excellent place to start. Knowing what you want in advance will give you a better shot at achieving your goals.
And in addition, build some buzz around your blog.