Whether you’re just starting as a beginner blogger or already a guru in the field, these blogging tools and resources can help you develop a more productive and successful blog and at the same time save you some money and time as they have free options.
If you’re yet to set up your blog, I have put together a step-by-step guide on “how to start a blog,” especially for you. You will find all the information you need to get started in the guide.
Please note that I have used some of these tools, and they worked well, saving me both time and money. While some of the blogging tools and resources have paid services, most of them have free options.
Disclosure This post contains few affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you purchase through the link. But don’t worry, It’s at no extra cost to you. Thank you. For more information, please read my disclosure page.
Essential Blogging Tools And Resources
Keyword Research Tools
- Jaaxy is a powerful, easy-to-use tool that generates high-value keyword ideas showing the search volume, potential traffic, and competing websites.
- Google trends are an effective tool for finding keyword-related data based on regional variation and showing related topics and queries.
- Google “People Also Ask” is an excellent tool for answering various questions people ask on google.
- KW Finder is a simple and easy-to-use tool for finding long-tail keywords, also shows the exact keyword difficulty scores.
- Ahrefs gives SEO audits, backlinks analysis, search volumes, and keyword difficulty scores.
- SEMrush shows the search queries that competitors are ranking for and the keyword difficulty analysis.
- Question DB contains question-focused keyboards asked on Reddit.
- Keyword Tool.io – if you’re looking for a variety of long-tail keywords, including competitors’ sites, this tool does just that.
- Keyword everywhere highlights data from 10 websites showing their monthly search volume, CPC, and competition.
- Ubbersuggest shows keyword difficulty percentage so you know how likely you can rank for the keyword.
- Answer the public gives question-based search queries based on google and bing’s auto-suggest.
Blog Post Topic Generators
Looking for new ideas for your blog post. The following blogging tools will help you craft captivating titles for your posts.
- Hubspot blog topic generator – input up to three different nouns, and the tool will generate five blog topics you can use for your next post. It can also create a year’s worth of topics.
- Potent’s content idea generator is an easy-to-use tool but time-consuming as it generates only one idea at once.
- Tweak your biz: generates various topics you can use for your blog and social media post.
- Build your own blog: this tool helps you be creative with the ideas it generates if you have none already.
- Blog title headline generator:
- Buzzsumo: – easy to use and gives detailed information, including factors that may affect the blog topic.
Graphic Design Platforms
- Canva: a great graphic design tool good for web creativity. You can create beautiful posters, banners, social media posts, and likes.
- Crello: a free graphic design tool similar to canva to create unique designs
- DesignBold: an online design platform for creating professional layouts ranging from posters, flyers, magazines, resumes, brochures.
- DesignWizard: to create incredible videos and images designs
- Pixelied: editing tools for businesses.
Free Stock Photos and Videos
Images are vital to your post as it captivates reader’s attention into reading the post. If you are looking for places to find good quality images for free, these free stock photo sites are the right place to go.
- Pexels: https://www.pexels.com/
- Pixabay: https://pixabay.com/
- Free images: https://www.freeimages.com/
- Kaboompics: https://kaboompics.com/
- Canva: https://www.canva.com/
- Unsplash: https://unsplash.com/
- Burstshopify: https://burst.shopify.com/
- Stocksnap.oi: https://stocksnap.io/
- CreateHER Stock: https://createherstock.com/
- Death to Stock: https://deathtothestockphoto.com/
- Picjumbo: https://picjumbo.com/
- Deposit photos: https://depositphotos.com/
Feminine stock photos for mom blogs
- Colour U Bold: https://view.flodesk.com/pages/
- Katie Harp Creative: https://katieharpcreative.com/free-stock-photos/
- Haute Stock: https://hautestock.co/
- Dabbles&Babbles; https://dabblesandbabbles.com/8-free-styled-desktop-photos-for-amazing-blog-posts/
- Moms Make Cents: https://momsmakecents.com/free-stock-photos/
- Aminta Demadura: https://www.amintademadura.com/free-stock-photo-pack-for-entrepreneurs/
Image Optimization Tools
- Kranken.io compresses PNG, JPEG, and GIF files in bulk to the smallest file size.
- TinyPNG allows 20 PNG images at once and reduces their size by 50-80%.
- Compressor.io allows batch compression of 20 PNG and JPEG images simultaneously and reduces their size by 90%.
- Compress PNG/JPG is a free online tool that compresses PNG and Jpeg images by 80% while maintaining quality.
- Image Optim has an easy-to-use interface to compress images PNG and JPEG to smaller sizes.
- JPEG Optimizer – compresses only JPEG files, and you can resize them before uploading.
- Wp Smush – can scans PNG, JPEG, and GIF files already uploaded to the site.
- Optimizilla compresses images to the smallest possible size, and you can view your progress through a unique feature, “slider,” inside it.
- Image recycle – can compress PDF files as well as PNG, JPEG, and GIF.
Grammar And Spelling Checker Tools
- Grammarly is a popular grammar checker tool that ensures proper grammar and spelling in your article. It also has a feature to check for plagiarism, so you come up with unique content.
- Hemmingway: checks readability to know how easy it is for readers to understand your writing. It emphasizes using simple sentences (grade 4-6)
- ProWriting Aid is an excellent tool that helps improves writing style and readability.
Email Marketing Tools
- Aweber, widely used by businesses and entrepreneurs, offers great email automation, autoresponders, segmentation, and landing pages with access to hundreds of email templates. In addition, it’s pretty affordable and has an excellent customer service system, 24/7 phone, and live chat.
- Convertkit is an easy-to-use email marketing tool perfect for content creators. It offers email automation, landing pages, list segmentation, and likes.
- ActiveCampaign offers powerful marketing automation, A/B testing, autoresponders, and a pre-made email sequence easy to edit.
- GetResponse is widely used by marketers and offers automation, email template, segmentation, and retargeting campaigns using Facebook pixels.
- MailerLite has a great free plan with access to email automation, pop-ups, and landing pages.
- MailChimp is beginner’s friendly. It offers email automation, lead capture forms, templates, and integration with CRMs.
There you have it, 50+ blogging tools and resources to grow your blog.
I understand if you’re starting, you may want to reduce costs as much as possible. When I started blogging, I was very conscious of my spending and looked for ways to reduce cost and maintain quality.
That’s why I put together these tools; good enough, most of them are free, and you can leverage that.
Over to you
If you find this post helpful, share it with your friends.
Do you have any tools to add to the list? Drop it in the comment.
Make Money Online
If you’re looking for the best way to make money online, affiliate marketing is a good option.
You can read more about how to make money online here.
Muslimah is a writer and blogger. She helps beginner bloggers scale their blogging business to spend more time with their families while working from home. When she's not spending time with her family and friends, you'll likely find her reading books or writing articles like this one.